This is an exciting role within TEAM Partner Operations department with responsibility for managing ticketing across all UEFA’s Club Competitions in UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and UEFA Europa Conference League. Working closely with UEFA’s ticketing departments for both the season and Finals, you will manage the contractual allocations and delivery for UEFA’s Broadcaster, Sponsorship and Licensee partners. The successful candidate will work closely with TEAM’s Hospitality and Partner Rights Managers.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Support the Senior Manager of the Central Event Services division in delivering the ticket allocations to all partners
- Daily co-ordination with UEFA Ticketing and TEAM internal colleagues to ensure that the ticketing services, processes and administration are always completely accurate, updated and presented in the most user-friendly way possible
- Match night operations support in ticketing matters for UEFA and UEFA’s Commercial Partners
- Management of the ticketing allocations, deadlines, ordering procedures and on-site co-ordination at the UEFA Club Competitions Finals as part of the Partner Rights Management team
- Co-ordination and processing of ticket invoicing, and venue specific ticket holder requirements
- Match day reporting and feedback to UEFA Ticketing and UEFA Commercial Partners
- Creation of briefing documents, tutorials and presentations related to ticketing tools and processes
The ideal candidate will have between 1-3 years of experience, preferably in sports sponsorship delivery or a ticket executive role within a club, ticketing or marketing agency or sports governing body.
In addition, the candidate should fulfil the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Excellent client servicing mentality
- Strong IT skills, experience of website content management systems (including WordPress) and CRM tools is an advantage
- Strong organisational skills with an extremely accurate working style and a high level of attention to detail
- Team player attitude with the ambition to be part of a high performing team
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in spoken and written English (additional languages an asset)
The position will be based at TEAM’s offices in Lucerne, Switzerland and will involve some international travel.
This is a unique opportunity to work on industry leading premium sports properties and to develop a truly international career. Are you a highly talented professional, who wishes to further your career in an exciting, professional and international environment? If so, you are invited to send your CV and covering letter to Tamara Flückiger, HR Generalist, at email@example.com.