As a member of the sponsorship sales team, you will play an integral role in delivering sales results for TEAM’s client, UEFA, and in building TEAM’s network and market knowledge.
The main objective of the role is to support the delivery of sponsorship agreements for UEFA club competitions. This will require your assistance with the following:
- Providing marketplace knowledge to the department by gathering industry data and staying informed with new trends and relevant brand and consumer habits
- Preparing background analysis of prospective sponsors and industry sectors
- Creating sales documentation as required for identified meetings
- Packaging and allocating UEFA’s commercial inventory across the multiple sponsorship packages available to the market
- Attending and participating in certain identified sales meetings
- Helping to shape formal recommendations to UEFA for sponsorship package offers
- Monitoring the allocation of sponsorship rights throughout the sales process
- Providing regular written updates to UEFA and internal departments in relation to the sales process
- Arranging a smooth handover of contracts to partnership management departments and providing explanation of key focus areas for each sponsor
- Providing a link to the insights and strategy departments on future packaging of rights
The ideal candidate would have 1 – 3 years of experience working with a sports business rights holder with knowledge of sponsorship.
The following would also be necessary:
- An interest in both sponsorship and sales
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish relationships internally and externally at all levels
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal; an excellent presenter
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Other languages desirable
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- An ability to deliver high quality in all aspects of the job
- An engaging and sociable personality and a credible ambassador in the market for the competitions and for TEAM
This is a great opportunity to work on premium sports properties and to develop an international career. This rare opportunity will provide you with first class experience needed to develop into a leading sponsorship professional.
The position is based in Lucerne, Switzerland and requires relocation. If you are a highly talented professional who wishes to further your career in an exciting, professional and international environment you are invited to send your CV and covering letter to Silvia Pelli, Head of HR and Services, at email@example.com.