This is a fantastic opportunity to work on some of the top properties in the sports industry. The UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League are two of the most watched and most digitally engaged with annual sporting events in the world. Along with the newly created UEFA Europa Conference League, they form the annual UEFA Club Competitions.
The successful candidate will provide digital expertise and best-in-class client servicing to UEFA Club Competitions’ commercial partners.
You will be an integral part of the Digital team with your focus on supporting commercial partner digital activity across all UEFA digital channels. You should have a passion for the sports sponsorship industry and possess an excellent understanding of the digital landscape, including an understanding of paid promotion dynamics across multiple digital platforms. You will also provide digital marketing support to the Sponsor Partnership Management team and UEFA, whilst working with commercial partners to help them generate value from their digital assets.
As a key member within the wider Development & Marketing department, you will be expected to take a proactive approach, offering new ideas and solutions that future-proof our digital approach and constantly add value to the UEFA Club Competitions’ commercial partners.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Ensure industry leading digital rights delivery, constantly pushing the boundaries of sponsorship digital activations across UEFA Club Competitions
- Develop strong relationships with key digital stakeholders at UEFA (Marketing, Digital and Social Media teams) and the UEFA Club Competition commercial partners (Sponsorship and Digital teams)
- Overall management of social media content planning (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Weibo, WeChat), UEFA.com and UCL/UEL/UECL App advertising inventory, CRM initiatives and all partner online media promotions
- Work with multiple stakeholders to support commercial partner paid promotional campaigns
- Develop and maintain all digital guidelines and best practice documents, ensuring any developments in the industry are implemented on a real-time basis
- Share digital expertise with relevant stakeholders across UEFA and TEAM Marketing
- Explore and recommend digital rights delivery developments based on industry best practice across the sponsorship industry, ensuring their relevance to UEFA and TEAM Marketing’s commercial strategy
The ideal candidate will have between 2 and 5 years of experience in digital, sponsorship and/or marketing sectors. A background that includes paid media experience and/or an agency background with an understanding of sponsorship activation would be desirable.
In addition, the candidate should fulfil the following criteria:
- Outstanding client servicing mentality
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- A passion for digital marketing and the digital sports landscape
- Ability to build relationships across multiple stakeholders
- Very clear communication and presentation skills
- Strong experience of running digital campaigns – organic and paid – on behalf of commercial partners across digital channels including social media, O&O and programmatic advertising
- Good understanding of paid campaign optimisation across multiple platforms and channels
- Ability to work independently and take considered decisions in the best interests of both commercial partners and sports rights holder
- A pro-active approach with close attention to detail and an ability to ensure the efficient delivery of contractual digital rights
- Fluency in spoken and written English (additional languages are an asset)
This is a unique opportunity to work on industry leading premium sports properties. If you are a highly talented professional, who wishes to further your career in an exciting, professional and international environment you are invited to send your CV and covering letter to Silvia Pelli, Head of HR and Services at email@example.com.