The Media Partnership Management team services over 150 media partners across the suite of UEFA club competitions (UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Youth League, UEFA Futsal Champions League and UEFA Women’s Champions League).
The Commercial Advisory unit is a newly established division, you would therefore have the opportunity to shape the direction of the team and will be relied on for your expertise. As a member of the department’s leadership group, you will be expected to take a proactive approach, offering new ideas and providing guidance to the media partners so that they can commercialise the rights to the full extent, whilst ensuring the contractual requirements are met. The successful candidate will provide client servicing to the highest industry standards and constantly add value to the media partners. You will report to the Head of Media Partnership Management and will be managing a team with two direct reports.
Your main responsibilities will include:
Commercialisation of media rights
- Advising the media partner network on how best they can commercialise and extract the maximum value from the rights whilst ensuring compliance with the contractual rights and obligations
- Developing and applying a deep understanding of UEFA’s commercial programme for each of the partners to ensure a suitable and, at times, tailored approach is taken
- Pioneering innovative activations and providing strategic guidance
You will be expected to bring industry expertise to the role, with a proactive mindset, adding value wherever possible. The three main stages are as follows:
- Advising current partners: regular analysis of their commercial activities to help identify opportunities and a proactive approach to assist where necessary
- On-boarding new partners: explaining UEFA’s commercial programme to both media rights partners and sponsors, adopting a versatile approach throughout, which adapts according to the individual requirements/focus
- Future framework: leading the discussions related to commercialisation of media rights which will help shape the commercial concept for the future rights cycle
- Building and fostering excellent relationships with all relevant internal and external stakeholders (including media rights partners and sponsors), aiming to find synergies wherever possible
- Supporting the Head of Department with internal meetings & training sessions
- Managing a selection of accounts from the media partner network
- Providing leadership and vision to the team, with two direct reports
We are looking for a commercially savvy candidate with around 7+ years of experience. Ideally the candidate would have worked in a commercial role for a broadcaster and have relevant revenue-creation experience. A background in advertising/ media buying/ digital strategy/ marketing/ social media/ business development would also be welcomed.
A deep understanding of the global digital landscape and latest trends and technologies is essential for this role. The ideal candidate will bring a broad knowledge of media rights, account management and a solid knowledge of the sports marketing industry. Furthermore, the following is required:
- Proven track record in commercialising media rights with strong commercial acumen
- Appreciation of the key challenges at stake for media rights partners
- Experience in both digital and non-digital activities
- Excellent client servicing mentality, a proactive and innovative mindset and a team-player attitude
- Strong leadership skills and a track record for motivating and inspiring a team
- Strong communicator and a confident presenter
- Ability to work independently and balance the interests of all stakeholders involved
- Willingness to both initiate projects and see them through to delivery
- Fluency in spoken and written English (additional languages are an asset, in particular Arabic, Spanish and Chinese)
The position will be based at TEAM’s offices in Lucerne, Switzerland and will involve some international travel.
Are you a highly talented professional who wishes to further your career in an exciting, professional and international environment? If so, you are invited to send a complete Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to Nina Suter, HR Business Partner: firstname.lastname@example.org