You will be an integral part of TEAM’s Legal Department, reporting to the Head of Legal, Media Rights. The primary focus of the role will be on supporting the exploitation of media rights relating to both the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Supporting the evolution of TEAM’s standard media rights legal documentation (such as media rights agreements, tender documentation, guidelines)
- Supporting TEAM’s media sales teams with the execution of fast-moving sales processes
- Drafting & negotiating media rights agreements
- Providing broad-ranging legal advice and solutions-based recommendations to TEAM’s sales and account management departments
- Providing legal recommendations to UEFA (pre-contract and post-contract)
- Monitoring legal developments in key markets and implementing appropriate solutions
A minimum of 3 years’ post-qualification experience as well as experience of drafting and negotiating commercial agreements (particularly media rights agreements) are essential for this role. You also have strong academic qualifications including a university degree and a professional qualification entitling you to practice law.
Further, you must have the following:
- Strong commercial legal skills
- A track record of working under pressure to tight deadlines
- A robust understanding of IP and competition law issues
- Experience of international transactions
- Strong relationship management
- A good understanding of the business of sport and the sports media rights marketplace
- Mother tongue level in English – you must have the ability to draft effectively and confidently in English (fluency or competence in any other language is of advantage)
The position will be based at TEAM’s offices in Lucerne and will involve some international travel.
This is a unique opportunity to work on industry-leading premium sports properties and to develop a truly international career. If you are a highly-talented professional who wishes to further your career in an exciting, professional and international environment, you are invited to send your CV and covering letter to Greta Bodino, Head of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.