UEFA’s club competitions, the UEFA Champions League (UCL) and UEFA Europa League (UEL), are two of the world’s leading sports properties and you will play a key role in developing the commercial strategy for these prestigious events.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, you will lead the five-person strategy team and be an integral part of the Marketing department with a focus on driving innovation across the company. You will be responsible for anticipating industry evolution and future partner requirements and translating this into an holistic strategy for how formats, commercial concepts and rights packages could develop in the future to maximise the value of the commercial rights. You will also be responsible for supporting UEFA in the development of UCL and UEL competition strategy designed to optimise the long-term value of the competitions.
- Work closely with our Insights team to create an effective framework within which to evaluate the performance of the UCL and UEL
- Create a set of objectives for each competition that aims to maintain the long-term health of the competition
- Explore new technologies, market dynamics and legal frameworks which may affect future commercial concepts and the way rights are packaged
- Consider format and commercial concept developments for other leading sports properties and assess their relevance to our commercial strategy
- Direct commercial format evaluation, defining an appropriate set of KPIs and a qualitative assessment framework to support rights valuations and decision-making
- Lead internal discussions between subject matter experts and combine with data insights, industry expertise and understanding of partner requirements to develop the optimal commercial strategy
- Communicate developments effectively across the business and to external partners
EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Provide digital consultancy to current UCL and UEL sponsors and broadcast partners to ensure they maximize the value of their digital rights
- Assess the value of the current rights packages and identify opportunities to increase the value of digital rights for future seasons and cycles
- Develop innovative digital services and content formats to help partners to drive fan engagement
- Devise strategies to drive targeted audience engagement across all digital platforms
- Constantly analyse performance data to support the evaluation of new digital tools
- Ensure the effective implementation of the digital strategy
You must have a proven track record of creating and implementing successful commercial strategies in the sports and/or entertainment space. Further, you must have the following:
- +10 years’ experience, which should include media and/or marketing sector background, likely to come from a top tier strategy consulting firm, advertising or media agency or sponsorship consulting agency
- Results orientated, with strong attention to detail
- A natural leader who is able motivate and develop a team
- An understanding of relevant industry landscapes, trends and likely evolutions
- Ability to present complex problems and issues clearly and concisely
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to influence decision-making with expert knowledge and credible commercial arguments
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to form relationships internally and externally at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written English, preferably with one additional language
The position will be based at TEAM’s offices in Lucerne and will involve some international travel.
This is a unique opportunity to work on industry leading premium sports properties and to develop a truly international career. If you are a highly talented professional, who wishes to further your career in an exciting, professional and international environment you are invited to send your CV and covering letter to Silvia Pelli, HR Business Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.