You will be an integral part of TEAM’s Legal Department, reporting to the General Counsel. The role envisages that you will lead the delivery of media rights legal services by TEAM to UEFA in connection with UEFA club competitions. The primary focus of the role will, of course, be on supporting TEAM’s media rights sales and delivery teams in connection with UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League media rights.
The most important feature of the role is leadership. Your role will require you to develop, balance and maintain key relationships with senior counterparts with:
- UEFA Legal
- TEAM’s Media Rights Sales Department
- TEAM’s Media Partnership Management Department
- UEFA’s Broadcast Partners
- TEAM’s Management Group
You will also lead and provide inspiring leadership to a team of three additional experienced Media Rights Lawyers.
In addition to the leadership function, you will be responsible for:
EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Supporting the development of the commercial concept for the 2021-24 cycle (including seeking external legal advice where necessary)
- Overseeing the evolution of TEAM’s standard media rights legal documentation (such as media rights agreements, tender documentation, guidelines)
- Supporting TEAM’s media rights sales team with the execution of fast-moving sales processes
- Drafting & negotiating media rights agreements
- Providing broad-ranging legal advice and solutions-based recommendations to TEAM’s sales and account management departments
- Providing legal recommendations to UEFA (pre-contract and post-contract)
- Monitoring legal developments in key markets and implementing appropriate solutions
A minimum of 8 years’ experience of drafting and negotiating commercial agreements (particularly media rights agreements) are essential for this role. You also have strong academic qualifications including a university degree and a professional qualification entitling you to practice law.
Further, you must have the following:
- Strong commercial legal skills
- A track record of working under pressure to tight deadlines
- A robust understanding of IP and competition law issues
- Experience of international transactions
- Strong relationship management skills
- A good understanding of the business of sport and the sports media rights marketplace
- Mother tongue level in English – you must have the ability to draft effectively and confidently in English (fluency or competence in any other language is of advantage)
The position will be based at TEAM’s offices in Lucerne and will involve some international travel.
This is a unique opportunity to work on industry-leading premium sports properties and to develop a truly international career. If you are a highly-talented professional who wishes to further your career in an exciting, professional and international environment, you are invited to send your CV and covering letter to Greta Bodino, Head of Human Resources, at email@example.com.