The Media Partnership Management team services over 150 media partners across the suite of UEFA club competitions (UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Youth League, UEFA Futsal Champions League and UEFA Women’s Champions League). This is an exciting opportunity to work across all of the competitions and to be in direct contact with the global network of media rights partners.
The Commercial Anti-Piracy is a newly established unit and is not replacing any existing roles, you would therefore have the opportunity to shape the direction of the role and will be relied on for your expertise. You will be responsible for providing commercial guidance and support to the media partners so that they can best protect the rights to the full extent possible.
You will report to the Head of Media Partnership Management. As a member of the department’s leadership group, you will be expected to take a proactive approach, offering new ideas and assisting UEFA where relevant.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Building a deep understanding UEFA's content protection programme and ensuring that the media partners have a clear understanding of it, while working closely with UEFA to support and develop it
- Discussing with the global network to understand and address their key challenges
- Providing commercial advice to current and future media rights holders to help protect the value of the rights
- Maintaining an open dialogue and providing regular updates to UEFA on the latest discussions
- Analysing performance and audience data to support the evaluation of new processes and tools
- Working closely with the Media Rights Sales team, attending meetings with media partners where relevant, to address issues relating to piracy and advise on suitable strategies to tackle it
Understanding the global anti-piracy landscape, technologies and football ecosystem is essential for this role. Equally important is to be up to date with the pirates’ latest trends and strategies, and the most suitable solutions to combat them. The ideal candidate would have 10 years of experience with knowledge of, and an active interest in, media rights.
The following would also be necessary:
- Deep technical understanding of anti-piracy
- Industry leading expertise and a proven track record in anti-piracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to establish relationships internally and externally at all levels
- The ability to consult our clients and influence decision-making
- Fluency in spoken and written English (mother tongue level)
The position will be based at TEAM’s offices in Lucerne and will involve some international travel.
Are you a highly talented professional who wishes to further your career in an exciting, professional and international environment? If so, you are invited to send a complete Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to Silvia Pelli, HR Business Partner: firstname.lastname@example.org